Roper Gulf Regional Council is regretfully sorry to close the Mataranka dump point for caravans, RTVs and Motorhomes near Stan Martin Park at the peak of the tourist season in the Top End.
The dump point is on the Northern Territory Government land and has been closed at their request due to environmental health concerns.
Council is working with the Northern Territory Government on a solution as quickly as possible.
The Council advises that there are alternate waste dump points within Mataranka, and also close by including:
- Some private caravan/camping areas within Mataranka;
- Warloch Rest Area (approximately 34kms South of Mataranka on the Stuart Highway);
- King River Rest Area (approximately 55kms North of Mataranka on the Stuart);
- Public Dump Points in Katherine (approximately 110kms North of Mataranka); and
- Public Dump Point at Daly Waters at Bicentennial Park (approximately 170kms South of Mataranka).
We encourage tourists to continue to visit the attractions of Mataranka and the Council apologises for any inconvenience to travellers.